Thursday, October 26, 2006

Movin' Right Along

You may laugh, but yesterday I went out and bought the book "The Prestige"! Okay, laugh... I'm laughing at myself. I just really, really liked this movie.

Here's a picture of the Day of the Dead swap piece I received from Suz this week. Believe me, the colors in this picture are lousy. The green is a bright lime green and all of the other colors are brighter and more intense as well. Didn't she do a terrific job decorating?!?! And she made those sugar skulls from scratch. It was all I could do to keep Bentley from licking it to death. (Pun intended... It's going to be one of those posts!)

As I mentioned before, I've given myself permission to take a break from art this week and just work on myself. This has been wonderful for three reasons:
1. I'm looking better, if I do say so myself.
2. It makes me long for art, which is a great feeling when it is possible to get "burnt out" from time to time.
3. I'm plowing through all this other "business" stuff that's been pushed to the side for sooooo long.

An example in support of #3 is that yesterday, I devoted nearly the entire day to updating my website. The changes took me a long time, but they're finished! Most notably, I got all of my fabric collages on my "For Sale" pages. They're here, if you're interested in taking a look. (Be kind because those are sure hard to photograph well!) I also removed everything that has sold. It feels so good to be making such progress on this housecleaning-type stuff!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shari, this was a great movie! I went with my parents and two teenage sons and we all loved it. It's very clever. I'd love to read the book. Can you tell me who the author is?

2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home