Thursday, October 12, 2006

12 Days of Christmas Swap

Does is seem like I'm a little too into the holidays perhaps a little too early this year???.... I think I'm worse than the malls! Anyway...

I'm participating in a swap called "The 12 Days of Christmas" hosted by the wonderful Lelainia. Each person is assigned a number, 1 through 12. All of the participants make 12 gifts and label them with our designated number. Then we send our handmade items to all of the other participants. On each of the 12 days before Christmas, we are to open one gift, in numerical order. Isn't this just the sweetest, most nostalgic idea? Anyway, since the gift itself needs to be a surprise, you're getting a picture of the outside. I'm putting them in the mail today.

My friend Edina posted a link to this website a while back. The artist, Catia Chien, just completely captured my imagination. I find her work both intriguing and beautifully haunting. Her art is just wonderful. Anyway, Catia's going to be showing at an art fair in Pasadena this weekend, which I have plans to drag Steve to. I simply cannot wait!

And last but not least, if you'd like some more inspiration and eye candy, please visit Pam Garrison's blog if you haven't already. Oh my goodness, her recent posts about her trip north sound like heaven on earth to me. I've made notes of her stops and have already informed Steve that we WILL be following in her footsteps at some point next year. The Alameda swap meet alone sounds worth the trip! Lucky for me, I have the sweetest, most supportive husband on the planet. But really, if it weren't for me, what would he do with his time?

2 Comments:

Blogger Terri Stegmiller said...

I absolutely love this swap idea. It sounds like so much fun.

7:38 AM  
Blogger edina said...

That's so funny...what would Steve do with all his time without you?! :)

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home