Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Day to Day Minutiae

I got to the "create a post" part of blogger yesterday and for the life of me, couldn't figure out what to type. I'm feeling pretty much the same today, but I thought I'd at least offer an explanation...

Monday and Tuesday have been errand-filled days. And I finally got to the point that I had to do something about the dust. So I've been doing house stuff: cleaning, grocery shopping, errands, etc. Nothing too exciting but all stuff that needs to get done. With three pets, the hair-factor is pretty incredible. We take the hose from the vacuum and run it around the perimeter and under all the furniture as a sort of temporary solution when we don't feel like cleaning yet. Steve did that just five days ago. You'd be amazed at the amount of hair I still swept up! Mopping got even more. The house is about 80 percent clean now... just a few rooms left. So that's a good feeling. Friday it will be dirty again. I'm sure you all know the pattern...

In between all the domestic stuff, I have done a little painting. I float in and add a layer to my background and then move on to other stuff while that dries... for 3 hours. So, I'm not getting much art done, but I am doing something.

I did finish my pieces for the "12 Days of Christmas" swap, and I'd dearly love to post a photo. However, it's meant to be a surprise... so I can't! Did I tell you this already? I can't even remember... geez!

As for the Day Fire, I'm thrilled to report that it's 100 percent contained! That has been the fifth largest fire in California's history! I'm not sure when the heavy blanket of smoke still clinging to the mountains will finally lift though.

We lost power for a few hours on Monday afternoon. A transformer blew which, of course, started a brush fire. Luckily they got that out pretty quickly.

Well, for not having much to write, that's several paragraphs worth of boring domestic updates, huh? Not all of life can be a thrill ride... I guess we need the calmer, more hum-drum days to make the more exceptional days stand out. I'm not complaining, mind you. I'm so, so blessed to lead the life that I do... dust and all!

2 Comments:

Blogger MB Shaw said...

I am so glad to hear that fire is contained. I have been thinking about you :-)

6:28 AM  
Blogger deb said...

I look forward to your weekday posts and when I don't see anything I wonder what's up. I am interested in anything you have to say, so thanks for sharin'.

Glad to hear the fire is contained...finally!

Hugs!

2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home