Monday, September 25, 2006

The Totally Tricked-Out Tissue Box

Here are a couple of photos from the new tissue box I finished over the weekend. This one will open my new Etsy shop... hopefully later today. Tomorrow at the latest. (Since this will be my first listing, I'm trying to give myself a buffer to allow for any major complications!) The link to my Etsy shop is active in the sidebar. Although there's nothing in the store as of this posting, you can at least see the storefront. Yea! One more thing off the list!

I feel like I worked my butt off all weekend, but didn't really make much progress. Do you know how that feels? Partly I think it was because Steve and I were completely derailed on Saturday afternoon. We had ANOTHER fire in Placerita Canyon, which is the Canyon behind our subdivision. It was like a sickening deja vu... a sky filled with black smoke, water-dropping planes and helicopters, utter dread. Luckily, they pounced on it, and it was out by Sunday morning.

The part that makes me furious is that this is the FOURTH fire in Placerita Canyon in three weeks. Apparently, there are eyewitness accounts of someone in a truck throwing some sort of lit flare out of the window and into the brush! What kind of sick person does this sort of thing?!?!?! Does he have some sort of vendetta against us? I hope they catch him. I won't tell you what I hope they do after that...

I've got a long list of computer stuff and paper work to get to today. (Not my favorite tasks, in case you didn't know!) But I also plan to work on my holiday fabric collages and get the first strokes of paint on a new batch of canvases. If you do take the time to take a peek at my Etsy shop, I just want to say "Thank You!" I so appreciate the visit!

3 Comments:

Blogger Lelainia N. Lloyd said...

I get nausious thinking about you so close to a fire. Please, please stay safe! I don't want anything to happen to you!! *worries*

It's a really cool tissue box-love the phrenology head!!I used to have that on my homepage, but took it off and made my trademark Angel of lost buttons the focus instead. I still have a thing for phren heads though-I love vintage science/medical stuff!

6:56 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

I just adore these tissue boxes! I know you will do WONDERFULLY in your Etsy store :0) Your artwork is always gorgeous!

7:37 AM  
Blogger MB Shaw said...

Your shop looks terrific! I love the tissue box especially, that is going to sell in a flash.

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home