Friday, September 15, 2006

They're Finished!!


Here they are! All 7 fabric collages are finally complete and hanging on the wall. (With three furry, four-legged trouble-makers running about, it's the safest place, believe me!) I still find it uncanny that the blue on the wall matches the blue in my artwork exactly.

It's difficult to capture all of the detail in a photograph of the entire piece... especially when I want to include the molding at the top and the ribbons that some of these have dangling from the bottom. I'm certainly glad I took all of the "in progress" close-ups that I did.

This weekend I plan to take better photographs outside on my black background that I can use for my website. This series of fabric collages will be in the "for sale" pages there... at least for the time being. I may try one on Etsy, but I haven't decided that as of yet. I'm still working on setting up my Etsy shop. There just aren't enough hours in the day.

It just feels good to be able to claim that all seven are finally complete. It's a relief that brings with it tremendous satisfaction. I'm really proud of the work I did here. It's unlike anything I've ever done.

In other news, I've been working on my charms for a swap that I'm in. I had a rather messy battle with resin last night. It's the first time I've ever worked with that product. I worked on my class proposal for Art Unraveled, and I began a new series of fabric collages. Yes... you read that correctly. But rest assured, these are MUCH simpler in nature. They have a Christmas theme. Their price point will be low and I hope to open my Etsy shop with these sometime in October, if not sooner. I'll keep you posted.

And one more promise... I'm declaring it here and now, for all the world to hear (or at least the part of the world that reads my blog)... I swear, on Monday morning, come hell or high water, I WILL get that paint brush in my hand AND use it! You have my word. Have a terrific weekend, everyone!

10 Comments:

Blogger Lelainia N. Lloyd said...

Those are really pretty Shari! ANd alot of work! I can't believe you had the patience to make SEVEN of them! WOW!

6:47 AM  
Blogger MB Shaw said...

They are wonderful! Just lovely. I feel sure the gallery owner will want them come Spring-time. But she might be too late as you will possibly have sold them already :-)

7:03 AM  
Blogger deb said...

They are ABSOLUTELY incredible!!! WOW!! Can't wait to see what you work on next.

9:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The collages are just lovely, Shari! And they do look perfect on that wall!! :)

11:23 AM  
Blogger Tracie Lyn Huskamp said...

Shari,

Your Fabric Collage Pieces are JUST BEAUTIFUL! I am VERY partial to the colors you selected for these works of art.

11:58 AM  
Blogger Kelly Kilmer said...

Gorgeous
Gorgeous
Gorgeous
Get thee to etsy.com/ right now ;)

12:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah, lovely, lovely!! thanks for sharing!

7:20 PM  
Blogger Kris said...

Shari, these are absolutely beautiful!
The colors are so soft and inviting...can't wait to see photos with more of the detail.

7:24 PM  
Blogger Ruth Rae said...

you could have talked to me about the resin :)
it is messy, I am sure you now know RUBBER GLOVES & PLATIC TRASH BAGS are your friend's :)

your fabric collges are stunning! I just love how your have so much freedom to work BIG.

8:00 AM  
Blogger Misty Mawn said...

wow!!! Those are so very beautiful! Very inspiring! As well as the tissue boxes!

6:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home