Wednesday, August 30, 2006

I'm Published!

I'm absolutely thrilled to report that I have an article in the latest issue (#5) of Art & Life. It's the first time I've been published, and I'm thrilled beyond words! My article is entitled: "Life on the Edge: Building My Website." It recounts the journey of a technologically un-inclined individual... me. If you read it, I hope you'll enjoy it. And if you don't already subscribe to this fantastic publication, then run - don't walk - to get signed up. It's published by the wonderful Teesha Moore, and each issue is as unique, informative, and inspirational as she is. Thank you, Teesha, for giving me a voice!

On another topic, my sincerest and deepest thanks to everyone who took the time to pour out your compassion for me. It means the world. And it makes me wonder what we ever did before the age of the internet. Most of you would never have even known I had a bad day and I would have missed the opportunity to have felt so loved. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for reaching out.

They seem to have the fire totally (*knock wood*) under control and they're now in the "mop-up" stage. I'm not sure exactly what that means but it's better than the "fire-fighting" stage. I am amazed and grateful they were able to get a handle on it so quickly. I spent most of yesterday cleaning to rid our house of the smoke smell. We hosed down everything outside as best we could to get rid of the ash. Poor Bentley just had a bath over the weekend... looks like he'll need another. Now I've got to play catch up in my studio. Unfortunately, I've got appointments most of the morning, so that will have to wait until later. Life goes on...

5 Comments:

Blogger MB Shaw said...

Woo hoo!!! I cannot wait to get my issue.

7:51 AM  
Blogger deb said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! And not just any publication...TEESHA'S! I bow to your greatness! I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy!

9:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the article! I cant wait to get my copy of Art & Life and read your article! (I need help on the website thing!)

Debbie L

9:44 AM  
Blogger Lelainia N. Lloyd said...

THat's great news Shari! I just ordered my copy so it will be a bit till I get to read it, but I can't wait! YAY YOU!

11:00 AM  
Blogger Sweet Petunia said...

I am back from my vacation and wanted to say..."Great article!" You have a nack for words cutie. I guess I never see that side of you since we are always so tired and giggling.

Lisa

8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home