Thursday, August 17, 2006

Playing with Techniques

These are some pieces I just finished using one of Beryl Taylor's techniques in her fantastic new book "Mixed Media Explorations". They are to be components of the fabric collage series I'm currently working on. Aren't they simply fab?

This technique is wonderful... and so much fun! It involves using water soluble paper. I dampened several sheets and then pressed it gently onto a rubber stamp. I set it out in the sun to dry completely and then voila! I added more depth with washes of Titan Buff and Burnt Umber. I couldn't be happier with the results.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ruth Rae said...

ohhhh so much fun!
I can't wait to see what you make with these!

8:50 AM  
Blogger deb said...

Very cool. How big are the ones shown in your photo?

1:53 PM  
Blogger Ellen said...

Very cool technique!

6:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home