Wednesday, August 09, 2006

My Day to Day Life

This is "Fleeting". I finished it a couple of months ago, but I don't think I've posted it here yet. Forgive me if I have. It measures 22"x28".

I got four new canvases textured and gessoed yesterday. It gives me a little thrill to know they're sitting there all pristine and ready for me to come add paint today.

I also started work on a garland of my own, inspired by Pam Garrison's article in Somerset Studio. In addition, I had the opportunity to see her work firsthand at ArtFIBERfest, and it's just amazing.

I'm working on a series of fabric mixed-media pieces as well. There will be seven in all. I'll post some pictures of work-in-progress when I have more to show you. (Right now they're just a stip of fabric, and that's not too exciting, believe me.) These pieces are inspired by Beryl Taylor's book "Mixed Media Explorations."

Many thanks to Lelainia the instigator! Now I've signed up for three swaps in the coming months! It's a bit much given my schedule and everything else I'm trying to accomplish, but I'm happy to be making some art for myself again. I've missed that.

I've been spending some time updating the links section on my website. I should be ready to upload it by the end of the day today. Oh, and don't forget about my "ode to the electric company." That piece is entitled "Illumination" and I should have pictures for you tomorrow.

See? Busy, busy, busy. And I couldn't be happier.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lelainia N. Lloyd said...

hmm..lead me not into temptation-I can find it myself!

*giggle*

7:26 AM  
Blogger MB Shaw said...

This is great. I especially like those little circles. I know, how weird is that.

7:42 AM  
Blogger deb said...

I LOVE this painting. It is wonderful, Shari!

10:37 AM  
Blogger AscenderRisesAbove said...

looking through some old ajmarketing emails and ran across your announcement of your blog - came to take a look; wonderful work!

1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home