Wednesday, August 02, 2006

What I Did On My Summer Vacation (part 3)


This is the last of the vacation photos, I promise! Here's a pic. of Steve on our balcony at the Justin Winery. What a lovely place that is. We went hiking one morning on the vineyard grounds. We took our sketchbooks and stopped on a hill overlooking our room to draw. I want to fill mine in with watercolor... maybe this weekend. I must tell you that Steve is quite the artist himself, though. His drawings are always wonderful and always effortless. Both of his grandparents and his mother were/are incredible artists, so it's in his blood, I guess.

Here's the view from our room at Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort. Our own private hot tub on our own private balcony surrounded by pines and other foliage... can't get much better than that! There's a trail right behind these cottages in "the west meadow" that runs all the way to the beach. It makes for a wonderful morning jog... followed by a hot soak, of course!


And lastly, this is my favorite picture from our whole vacation. In my opinion, it just epitomizes the beauty of Sequoia National Park. If you look closely, you'll see a waterfall coming down the mountain, which we hiked to. Isn't it just breathtaking? Reality is always a challenge when you have a getaway as special as this one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home