Thursday, July 20, 2006


This piece is entitled "Discovery". It's 18"x22". I finished it about a month ago, but I thought I'd share it with you. There isn't much in the way of "stuff glued on" for this piece, but I did use my new "Scribbles" 3D paint. They come in little bottles, and they're meant for fabric. But I have been having a lot of fun using them on my canvases. They leave a slightly raised line when dry, and they come in glitter or plain - all colors. Fun! (I buy them at my local craft store.)

I finished up my application to the Beverly Hills art show this morning. This one was a TON easier since all the drama seems to have passed. (At least for the time being.) I'll mail it this afternoon.

These two shows are the only ones I will be applying to for the remainder of the year. (Both are in the fall.) In case you don't already know, there's a tremendous length of time between when the application is due and when the show actually is. Both shows I'm applying to actually have an unusually short lead time. I plan to gear up for more applications when the 2007 listings come out.

I tried a new approach to creating yesterday, which turned out miserably. I lost a lot in the way of supplies. Of course, I might do well to limit my experimentation to one piece at a time, rather than beginning - and then throwing out - seven pieces! It was paper though, not canvas... so that's some small relief. It's ironic that I posted yesterday about procrastination and pushing through it. This morning I find myself doing just that, especially given yesterday's misadventures. But I will take my own advice and keep on keepin' on! Cheers!

1 Comments:

Blogger MB Shaw said...

I like this a lot. The composition is quite nice and you have good value changes. I also like the use of black & white.

8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home