Friday, July 07, 2006

New Look

Well... I've spent some time tweaking the look of my blog. (It hasn't been easy!) But at least it's a little more personalized now. I may go back to working on it some more when my schedule frees up. By the looks of things, that may be sometime in late 2009. But don't hold your breath.


Here's a pic. of a piece I just created in my latest batch of canvases. I really love this one. The quote is my own. It reads: "intentionally stopped... or stalled by fate? tick tock". For me, this piece speaks of the urgency I feel we all must have with regard to our lives. If we wait for tomorrow... if we wait for everything to be perfect... it will be too late. Tomorrow is promised to no one.

This theme pervades much of my work (and my life for that matter). As a result, I make use of a lot of visual references to the measurement of time - clocks, sequential numbers, yardsticks, etc. In addition, the lone car on that snowy road just raises so many questions... Where was it headed? Why is it stopped in the cold? Who is the passenger waiting? And where is the driver? The knobs on the lower left are from the Rose Bowl flea market. I love the way they ground the collage as well as serve to reference an opening of sorts...

I haven't titled this piece yet as I'm waiting for some words to really move me. But thank you for allowing me to share it with you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home