Friday, June 30, 2006

100+ Degrees...

Woah, it's hot here. Every day since I got home from Washington, it has been well into the 100's. Yesterday was 106, according to my thermometer... in the shade! And the forecast predicts more of the same.

Normally this wouldn't bother me, but this weekend Steve and I have A LOT of work to do outside. You see, I've created 43 pieces of art for sale this year so far. (Yea, me!) ALL of it needs to be photographed digitally as well as with slide film. Then we need to setup my brand new art fair tent for the first time. (We all know that's going to take some doing.) And then we need to put all of my art in the tent and photograph it! That's a lot of work. I'm concerned not only about us melting, but my art melting as well.

The plan is to start quietly at 6am (hopefully the neighbors won't notice). Then as soon as the sun crests the mountain behind my house and we have some decent light, we'll start taking the pictures. I figure we'll need to stop around 9 am or so. (10 am at the absolute latest!) Luckily, due to the holiday, we'll have Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday to get this all completed.

As for today, I'm working to finish up my final three canvases that I have in progress. They're getting there. But a trip to the grocery store and UPS derailed my morning slightly. Why must the baggers slam your produce around like they have a personal vendetta against it? I used to be a bagger, and I NEVER treated people's groceries like that! But I digress...

Tonight is the 8th anniversary of the night Steve proposed to me. He takes me back to the same restaurant - Inn of the Seventh Ray - every year. It's a very spiritual place and all of their food is listed in order of "esoteric vibration." It's just delicious... organic ingredients always are. "Our" table is perched atop the bank of this little creek. Twinkle lights fill the trees and more than once we've seen a coyote wander down by the stream to drink. Then when the meal is over, I make him propose to me all over again. Can you tell Steve is a wonderful man to participate in this so earnestly? Each year gets better than the last. I love you, honey.

4 Comments:

Blogger edina said...

Have a lovely dinner tonight and good luck with all the work you have to do this weekend. I'll be sending you cool vibes from WA. :)

10:06 AM  
Blogger MB Shaw said...

Oh, this is so sweet, you and Steve, of course, not the tent stuff, lol. Congratulations!
The tent will be fine. I have no doubt you will get some great photos.

8:47 PM  
Blogger Crzy Boss said...

You are so lucky to have a husband like that. Good luck with your projects. I understand about the heat, it has been hot here for awhile....100 + each day. Stay cool and of course STOP before the sun gets too high. Good Luck

6:50 AM  
Blogger Holly Loves Art said...

Congrats and I love your blog. Beautifully written and lots of eye candy. Very fun! Holly in Venice, CA

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home