Monday, June 26, 2006

Fun at the Fest

Fiberfest was simply AWESOME! I had three wonderful classes with Suz Simanaitis, Kristin Steiner, and Keely Barham. All were inspiring. I still need to finish a few things up, but I'm promising pictures and more details shortly.

Perhaps even more inspiring than those fantastic classes though was being surrounded by so many creative individuals. The work that everyone produced was out of this world! And I'm speaking about work folks did in their classes and work folks did just for fun - in their rooms, in the hallways, and in the asylum. There is so much to be gained from opening yourself to this sort of energy. I feel like I'm failing miserably, trying to put this into words. Let me have another go...

At retreats like Fiberfest, I finally feel like I am home. I have found my tribe. I can allow the truest essence of me to burst forth, without fear of judgment or scrutiny. It is a moment in time where art and the individual become one. My heart is open and filled to brimming with the vibration of an energy that can only come from a collective creativity. It is a feeling like no other.
Now, it's quite possible that this sounds too "new-agey" and "out there" for you. But if you "get" what I'm trying to say, you must be a member of my tribe. Thanks for taking the time to journey with me...

2 Comments:

Blogger Lelainia N. Lloyd said...

I totally agree about the open acceptance that prevailed at AFF. It's so heartwarming to see people embracing their true artist self and not trying to be anything they are not. It's refreshing to see everyone supporting and encouraging and helping one another. It's wonderful to create within this community of spirit.

*feels the love*

5:37 PM  
Blogger Mamarox said...

I so totally understand what you are saying and I am proud to say I am a memeber of your "tribe"!

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home