Saturday, June 10, 2006


Well... here is my inaugural, virgin post to my brand-spankin' new blog! Please be patient with me while I figure everything out. (I'm slow with computers, but determined!)

This is Maynard. My husband Steve and I were walking our Welsh Corgi Bentley when we happened upon Maynard... all by himself in the middle of the street. Steve scooped him up and brought him to the sidewalk. We looked in all of the usual places for his nest and/or his mom. Nothing.

So we brought him home. Steve and I were able to feed him two worms. We made a little nest for him out of a box and some shredded papers. We kept him in the warm garage, away from our curious cats. I worried all through the night that he was too cold, too hungry, too thirsty, too lonely, etc.

In the morning I was able to find a vet across town who was willing to care for him until he's big enough to fly and healthy enough to be released into the wild again. Man, I miss him. I didn't do any art yesterday because of Maynard, but I think it was worth it. This picture is just the best. Could he be any cuter?!?!? I want to do an art piece honoring Maynard.

Anyway, in case you don't know me already, my name is Shari Beaubien. I am a full-time, self-taught, mixed-media artist. My website is: www.sharibeaubien.com.

I'd like this blog to be about my daily trials and tribulations as an artist. I hope that by reaching out, perhaps I can share a bit of my journey with those that are interested. I know that I have gained valuable wisdom and oftentimes tremendous inspiration through reading other people's stories. I hope I can return the favor. At the very least, maybe you'll find my adventures entertaining...

Here's to the launch!

2 Comments:

Blogger edina said...

Hi Shari, I started a blog today, too. Hoping it will help me stay connected instead of being in my own little world. I think you can click on my name to get to it. That pic of Maynard is the best!

3:33 PM  
Blogger Michele R. Unger said...

Shari,
Love your blog and most especially, the story and photo of Maynard. I'm sure you and your husband have earned your "wings" for your kind treatment of the little fellow. I'm not good at birds....so, do you know what sort he is?
All the best,
Michele

5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home