Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Blissfully Painting All Day!


Yesterday was pure heaven. I painted all day! I got so much done.... I'm currently working on 12 different canvases right now - all of varying sizes. These are all, of course, for my art fair "inventory". I hope to have them nearly completed by next week, when I leave for Fiberfest. We'll see... I can only do my best.

The wonderful thing about painting so many at once is that you can easily shift from one to the next while something dries. I swear, I need a revolving door out to my patio 'cuz I'm constantly going in and out to lay things in the warm summer sun. (I'm not sure how anyone in high humidity gets by as an artist!) I know one of these days a bird is going to fly by and leave me a not-so-pleasant critique. But maybe I can work it in as texture. Hmmm....

In other news, I pre-ordered Beryl Taylor's "Mixed Media Explorations" from Quilting Arts (see pic.) It arrived yesterday. All I can say is: "OH MY GOD!" It is gorgeous and luscious and juicy! I've only glanced at the pictures, but I can tell you, the photography is fantastic. I've been a fan of her work for a long time, and I'm so happy to have this book. If you are into art quilting or fabric art journaling at all, you will be inspired by Beryl. I'm pleased to see that there are many examples of her work, along with step-by-step instruction for various stitches and projects. If you're interested in ordering it, here's the link: http://quiltingartsllc.com/qamag/mme.html.

3 Comments:

Blogger CreativeLiving said...

Hi Shari,
Your blog looks great!
I'm just starting blogging also.
Cheers,
Lisa

8:13 AM  
Blogger primdollie said...

Hi Shari
Love the new blog it looks great and Oh I just LOVED little Maynard!!! how sweet! and how wonderful that you did find someone to care for him!!! will be back and add you to my blog as well!! have fun!!!
Hugs Linda
http://alteredvisions.typepad.com/altered_visions/

1:39 PM  
Blogger Ruth Rae said...

have fun with your blog :)
I am from the clubcreative group and followed your link and see that your in so. cal. like me!

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home