Friday, July 14, 2006

I Didn't Jump... yet...

First off, thank you to everyone who wrote comments and emails in support of my endeavors. And thank you to everyone who sent positive energy my way. It DID help, I'm sure of it!

Yesterday was a test of my endurance. I photographed and I photographed. I worked outside in the heat from 7am 'til 4pm. How long is that? Nine hours?!?! Yup... in and out of the house... up and down the stairs... baking in the hot sun all the while. Of course, the landscaping people chose yesterday to work on the hill behind our house, so Bentley barked his head off the entire time. Then about 9am, they set up their massive and LOUD woodchipper in the cul-de-sac, about 20 yards away, and proceeded to operate it for the remainder of the day...

But I rephotographed EVERY piece of art I own and ALL of them turned out beautifully (after a slight learning curve with the new camera). All of the pictures are printed and ready to be sorted into the album. Steve helped me create a CD ROM last night with the images I want to use for slides. Apparently, there's only one place in all of Los Angeles that can do same-day-turnaround for slides. (I know because I called them all.) And it's ironic that the place coming to our rescue is a little lab Steve has access to on the lot at Warner Bros. We're paying for it dearly, though.

But with a little luck, and some more work on my part in completing the application, I should have everything ready to be postmarked by Saturday. Good thing, since that's the deadline. This application is for an art show in Santa Barbara. Did I mention that? I feel a little scrambled, as you might have noticed...

One good thing that came out of all of this struggle is that I located this site called IPrintFromHome. Their prices are EXTREMELY reasonable compared with what I was quoted for in-person service yesterday. And their turnaround is decent. I have a little more time to spare getting slides made for the Beverly Hills application (due July 31), so I'm going to give them a try. The best part is that I won't have to create a CD ROM and drive it over to a store. Then drive back to pick the slides up. Don't you just love the digital age? I mean, I HATE computers and I don't understand a lot of technology, but when it works... it really works.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lelainia N. Lloyd said...

I love ordering my photos online, in my jammies and getting an email 2 minutes later that they are done and ready for pick up. It ROCKS!!

7:14 AM  
Blogger MB Shaw said...

Here is the place I use for slides(meant to give this to you yesterday, duh):
www.gammatech.com
My photographer gives me a CD with digital images and I upload to Gammatech and they mail me the slides. They are very inexpensive and we have found they do a good job.

2:27 PM  
Blogger Lori S-C said...

Wow, your endurance in that heat is unbelievable! Hooray for you for making it happen!

Lori

artandplay.blogspot.com

7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home