Monday, July 10, 2006

The Fruits of Summer


I was making a fresh peach cobbler a few days ago. I saw all these juicy beauties in the bowl, and thought they were just too sumptuous not to snap a picture of. The colors in real life were even better. (And the cobbler was delicious, too - warm with a scoop of french vanilla ice cream melting down over the top... yum!) This is the epitome of summer for me.

In other summer news, the heat continues. Normally, the 108-degree temperatures don't bug me that much. But it seems that Steve and I have spent a tremendous amount of time working outside this summer. I much prefer 108 when I can sit quietly inside our air-conditioned home.

Art-wise, I got some good work done on my latest batch of canvases. I'm hoping to have them finished up within the next two weeks. I've also got to get everything together for my application for the Beverly Hills "Affaire in the Gardens" art show. The booth photos are complete, but I still need to take a few more slides (once I finish the work still in-progress) and get the film developed. That deadline is approaching faster than I'd like. Where does the time go?!?!

1 Comments:

Blogger MB Shaw said...

We are twins. I swear.

Before we left for Madison, a friend of ours gave me peaches from his property and I made 2 peach cobblers. YUM!!!!

6:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home