Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Shooting My Art








I thought you might appreciate a pic. of our professional photography set-up. (Emphasis on "professional" here!) But seriously, this set-up comes compliments of Robert Burridge. This is his technique, verbatim. And if it's good enough for him, it's good enough for me.

That's Steve doing the photography with our camera on a tripod, loaded with slide film. I can't tell you the type of camera right now, but it's got one of those big, telescoping, detachable lenses. The sun is morning, at our backs, to which the shadows will attest. The board is just plywood covered with a fabric called dubateen. This is the type of fabric the studios use to create black space in the background of any shot that needs it. As a result, this fabric photographs as a beautiful dead black in the background of our shots. The art is the only thing visible (I hope!).

As you can see, this particular piece of artwork is quite small (4"x 5"), but the board is big enough to accommodate my larger works as well. So far, this setup has worked like a dream. The first two rolls of slide film went to the developer today, so I'll be sure to report back when I have the real proof in-hand.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lelainia N. Lloyd said...

Looks like your sweetie is chalking up big husband points!

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home