Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Rejection

Well... it happened... I got my first rejection last night from The Santa Barbara Artwalk.

It's funny that I'm not more upset. Sure, I had the expected wave of shock and dismay and hurt and anger. But that passed pretty darned quickly, and now I'm okay. It may be the first show I've applied to, but it's certainly not the last. I firmly believe that power comes in the movement of "doing". And that's exactly what I will do: keep on moving forward. I will continue to stock my inventory and I will continue to apply to shows. And when one of these venues does accept me, it will be at precisely the right time for me on this journey of mine. I trust that the Universe knows what it's doing. And in the meantime... I paint.

6 Comments:

Blogger MB Shaw said...

Oh sweetie, I am so sorry. What a bummer. You have a terrific attitude though and you are absolutely right, the Universe has something else in store for you. Count on it!

6:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you! It will happen in precisely the right way and at the right time. Thank you for sharing... we all confront rejection and your attitude is a great reminder to us all!

8:39 AM  
Blogger deb said...

What a great outlook, Shari. Your time will come!

You go, girl!!

9:38 AM  
Blogger edina said...

Shari,

I'm sorry you didn't receive better news but am proud of you...you have accomplished so much in a short time and your attitude and determination is an inspiration to me.

Edina

1:20 PM  
Blogger Sweet Petunia said...

Keep applying....your booth and work looks great. Sometimes these shows keep the same returning vendor and it is not that your work wasn't great, but that they already had a lot of paintings. I truly believe it all happens for a reason...and the right show will pop up.

Lisa

10:52 AM  
Blogger Kelly Kilmer said...

Hey Shari,
Remember our conversation-there are a lot more "ups" in this business then "downs" but when the "downs" come, man, they hurt and they hit hard.
Keep your chin up...
Remember it's just one art show and there are a helluva lot more out there ;)
You can do it

10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home