Friday, August 11, 2006

... what to say???...

I have enjoyed keeping a blog. It has surprised me just how much I enjoy it. But sometimes I feel pressure to relay some deep insightful thoughts about art and life. I'm not sure if I ever accomplish this, but at least on most mornings I try. Today, however, I'm at a loss. All I can think of is turning on the coffee pot. So rather than be insightful, I'll just tell you what I did yesterday...

I'm still working on getting my business cards designed. Gale is the name of the guy I've been dealing with at The Printing House. He's the owner. And he's a wonderful, patient man! Little did he know that working with an artist would be so difficult. He diligently sends me mock-ups via email. I make my lengthy comments and send them back. Then he gives me another round of options. We're getting close, and I'm so excited to see a card with my own art on it! I'll post a picture when they're finished.

I did some layout work on my series of fabric pieces. I also worked on design ideas for the Day of the Dead swap and the Charm swap. I experimented with a new technique from Beryl Taylor's book "Mixed Media Explorations." And I pulled some papers and images from my stash for collage.

I contacted a sign company to have a banner made with my name on it for my booth. Today I have to go there to place the order. I also need to make a trip to Michaels for various odds and ends.

I was reading Pam Garrison's blog the other day and she talked about and posted pictures of a lot of work-in-progress. I really found that interesting. We, as artists, aren't always as fixated on the final work as we are in knowing how the creator arrived at that point. As a result, I will try to post more photos of my work in progress. That's my promise. But not today. Right now, I'm heading for the coffee...

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather Simpson-Bluhm said...

How come I didn't know you had a blog?? I found it thru Deb's blog.. yay!!
I often have those days where I can't think of anything profound to write. I have just given myself permission to NOT post if the mood doesn't strike me. I want my blog to remain fun to me and hopefully FUN for those who read it.
It was fun perusing your recent works..
whats the latest on the nests???

10:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoy reading your blog Shari. I often find you do have insightful things to say... but we cant do that every day!!

Also glad to hear youre working a variety of projects too. I have been wanting to make everything since AFF!

Happy creating and blogging!

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home