Wednesday, August 23, 2006

A Few More Bits

Here are "a few more bits" from my fabric collages. The frames are slide mounts that I dyed in coffee. They are layered with ribbon and fabric and then attached with decorative brads. I wrote the words "with love" around the borders in pencil, but hadn't done that yet in this photo. The little jeweled pieces in the center were a find at the vintage fabric show. I got them all sewn on yesterday with a running stitch.

I've decided that the title of this series is going to be "With Love". I'm really excited to share these with Gail, the owner of the Folk Tree Collection gallery in Pasadena. I'm meeting with her in just a few short weeks. I hope her response is favorable. Moreover, I hope I can finish them in time! I may have to abandon working on all 7 at once and just shoot for completing one or two. I'll make that decision next week sometime...

3 Comments:

Blogger MB Shaw said...

I just cannot believe how intricate this is. You have great patience, more than I do I can see that. The finished piece is going to be amazing.

7:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your collages pieces... cant wait to see the whole piece! Much more exciting than Snakes on a Plane!! LOL! Youve made me want to add yet another book to my already large collection... Mixed Media Exploration.

Happy Arting!

Debbie L

10:47 AM  
Blogger Sweet Petunia said...

These are georgeous! I'll be gone for a week...so can't wait to see what you have completed when I get back.
LC

12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home