Friday, August 18, 2006

A First Look


Here's your first glimpse of the fabric collages I've been so dilligently working on. The first picture is pretty self-explanatory. The second photo shows the little paper pieces I posted about yesterday attached to their base. The layering is slowly starting to build, and the results are exciting. I'm hoping to experiment with Xpandaprint this weekend, but I need to buy a new heat gun first.

I was able to approve the proof this morning for my banner. With any luck it will be ready for pickup in a few days. This banner is the equivalent of "my name in lights" because it is basically my name, stretched across 6 feet. My intention is to place it at the top of my art fair booth. I feel strongly that name recognition is important. In addition, my name is so darned hard to spell, I'm hoping that seeing it will help people to remember. That's the plan, anyway.

Have a great weekend, everyone!!

2 Comments:

Blogger MB Shaw said...

OMG Shari, this is gorgeous, so lush. I can't wait to see the finished piece. This is truly amazing.

8:50 AM  
Blogger Lelainia N. Lloyd said...

LOL! Your name is only hard to spell if people don't have a smattering of French! Come to Canada and it's easy-peasy! *wink*

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home