Monday, August 28, 2006

Making Progress...

My "With Love" series is coming along. For the first time, I feel that I will likely have a finished piece to bring to the Pasadena gallery in September. The tags pictured here are those really tiny ones - approx. 3/4" tall. I redid the french knots you see in the ribbon. I felt the brown was too distracting. I replaced them with a little cluster of ivory seed beads.

I worked a lot this weekend in my studio. But the nice thing about fabric and sewing is that it's generally portable. I think I spent an equal amount of time working in front of the TV while Steve relaxed and watched football.

Speaking of which, I CANNOT wait for the regular season to start! For those of you who don't know it, I am a HUGE football fan... the Miami Dolphins being my team. Steve roots for the Raiders. You'll know we're diehard fans when I tell you that we tacked on a trip after our Hawaii honeymoon to run up to Oakland because the Dolphins were playing the Raiders that weekend. Now that's dedication! I keep telling Steve how lucky he is...

4 Comments:

Blogger MB Shaw said...

I like football too and followed the Cincinnati Bengals in the 80's (we went to every game) and have even been to the Super Bowl if you can believe. These days I watch from home and enjoy knitting or something like that during the games. The ritual of sporting events soothes me in some strange way. Seriously. I love it when Monday Night Football returns each year. Weird, huh?

6:57 AM  
Blogger deb said...

Football for you is like hockey to me. Can't wait for October! Vancouver Canucks are my team.

9:17 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Wow,,love your art!! Your very talented. I am a Titans fan,,love football too, although the Titans are not playing to good right now. Come visit me!

6:38 PM  
Blogger Sweet Petunia said...

I love love love these!
Lisa

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home