Friday, September 08, 2006

Fabric Collages... Even Closer!

Here is the last "little bit" I will show you on these fabric collages. Why is it the last, you ask? Because I've shown you everything else! These are spiral paper clips sewn onto coffee-stained watercolor paper with a snippet of fabric in between. The bead is a freshwater pearl. These pieces are all sewn over the top of the Xpandaprint design I showed you earlier.

All of this posting has actually worked out to be pretty neat, I realized. When I do show you the entire piece, you will be able to go back through all of my earlier posts to see a detail photo of any part of the collage.

I did run into a bit of a small snag, however. The driftwood I had planned to use as the final component of these collages looks a bit like logs. A few pieces are demure enough to work perfectly, but the rest are way too big. I've informed Steve that we need to go find some driftwood this weekend... which is no small task when you live in the desert. (The original driftwood came from Fort Worden in Washington, so that's out.) Steve keeps insisting I just go to the driftwood store. Yeah, okay... I think we may take Bentley to the beach in Santa Barbara tomorrow to see what offerings are there. The selection is nowhere near what it is in Fort Worden, though! Wish me luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home