Friday, September 01, 2006

Fabric Collage Continued...

Here is the latest embellishment I've created and added to the 'ole fabric collage series. I have to say it: "Isn't it just too cute?!?!" This particular heart is the largest, measuring just 2 1/2 inches. It is stuffed, so it is raised slightly from the surface. It's attached to the background with wire and a bit of glue. The center holds bits of paper and seed beads.

In other important news, the electric bill came yesterday. Now, if you've been following my saga, then you'll know how desperately I've been trying this past month to bring that @*$&^#) thing down from $609. I shouldn't say "trying". I should say "sweating" - through the days and nights. But anyway, that fateful day came, and the bill arrived. Do you know what it was?....... Drum roll please.... $113! Oh My GOD!!! How much does that make it all worth it?!?! Steve was just as ecstatic as me (in his own reserved, non-emotional way). But I know he was happy because he said I could order these cute new shoes that Stacie wrote about in her blog (thanks, Stacie!).

And last but not least, this is Audrey. When I forget to close the closet door, her favorite place to nap the day away is amongst my completed paintings. That does not make me happy. (We're just one barf away from disaster.) When I remember to close the door, she takes refuge under the cabinet in my studio. She's a bit of a screwball, as you may be able to tell from her expression. Honestly, I'm not sure if she's really altogether there at times. But she's a sweetheart and I love her. Thanks for being my studio buddy, Audrey... even if you are just sleeping.

And Bentley and Montgomery, don't you worry... you're day in "blog lights" will come too. (Why am I writing like they are actually reading my blog?) Anyway, to everyone else who does read and has opposable thumbs: Have a terrific holiday weekend!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray on the much lower electric bill! I know how hard you worked to keep from using your AC so I'm glad to hear it was worth it - woo hoo!! The fabric heart is lovely...can't wait to see the entire finished collage!

10:03 AM  
Blogger deb said...

What a sweet kitty. I love goofy cats. So much more fun than the aloof kind. We have fins and feathers in our house so no furry critters for us.

Have a terrific weekend.

11:00 AM  
Blogger Lori S-C said...

I didn't know they sold shoes on amazon...you may have started a new problem..... hooray for the lower phone bill!

6:34 PM  
Blogger Ruth Rae said...

your fabric heart collage is just wounderful! all your new work with cloth is just amazing! I am glad that your all safe from the fire.

9:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehehehehehe!! LOVE the parts you wrote about your petz!!!! thank you for brightening my day!

12:35 AM  
Blogger MB Shaw said...

Audrey is adorable; she looks totally cuddly like Merlyn. Except he won't keep his eyes open for a picture.

I am guessing you mean the brown shoe, the one with a heel? on Stacey's site. Very cool. I love a little height especially when its comfortable.

The fabric collage is looking great!

6:16 AM  
Blogger Sweet Petunia said...

The picture of your cat made me giggle this morning. He definitely has personality.

Lisa

9:39 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Love the fabric heart! Love your art! I have a kitty who loves my art studio too,,she sleeps in there at night on Mommas chair,,lol. Hope you have a great week-end!

8:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YEAHHHHHH
You got the shoes!!!!!!!
Aren't they just AWESOME?????
SOOOO cute and comfy!

12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home