Thursday, September 07, 2006

Fabric Collages... getting close!

I worked on the computer most of the day yesterday... getting together my Art Unraveled 2007 class proposals. I still have a few more days of computer work ahead of me. (Not my favorite place to direct my attention, but necessary nonetheless.)

I did get these finished however (see photo). This is a piece of molding from the hardware store. There are 7 of them and they each measure 14 inches long. The molding pieces are to be the strip from which the fabric collages hang. Steve (good husband that he is) cut, primed, and painted two coats of a base coat on all the pieces. Then I got to come in and do the fun part: antiquing! I sealed them and last night Steve inserted eye hooks for me. I will attach the collages using chain. I should have a finished piece to show you sometime next week!

In other news, I am relieved to have my Artfest registration in the mail. I actually worried before I left that the post office would blow up and I wouldn't be able to get my "September 5" postmark. How's that for dedicated? Or do we say obsessed? It's a fine line, I'm telling you...

2 Comments:

Blogger Sweet Petunia said...

I hope we are close to each other in 225.

Lisa

8:19 PM  
Blogger Ruth Rae said...

what classes do you want to teach?
you are such a hard little worker!

11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home