Thursday, September 28, 2006

Christmas Blessings

Here's a photo of the most recent series of fabric collages I've been working on.


And here are a couple of detail shots...


I realize that you may be cringing at the thought of seeing "Christmas Blessings" already. I mean, we're still a month away from Halloween, for Pete's sake! All I can say is that I was on a roll and I'm attempting to be prepared. There are eight collages in all. They say things like "hope" and "peace" and "love" and "believe". There is to be a little wooden dowel at the top. It will be stained and have cording or ribbon added by which the collages will hang. Once I get that part together, I'll re-photograph and place these for sale on Etsy. The price will be $45.

I went to the post office yesterday. As I suspected, they cannot issue a prepaid label for use a month or more in advance. I've even had them refuse mail with a label dated just one week in advance! This is contrary to the information the "customer service" guy gave me on the phone. Ugh. I came home and wrote the nicest email that I could to the gallery explaining my attempts at solving this situation. They responded this morning giving me permission to write a blank check to the US Postmaster. I'll take it! Thank God.

I have a full day ahead of me with no errands that I foresee. I've spent the last two days doing mostly computer work and business stuff. Today it's just me and my paints. I have the four canvases I showed you earlier in the week, plus I'm itching to start two new canvases for possible entry in a show. The Collage Artists of America is having an exhibit coming up in November with the theme "Ripped and Torn". How apropos! I'm excited to have something to submit as I just joined this group in July.

As always, I'll keep you updated...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The collages are fab! Glad you were able to solve the postage problem, too.

9:17 AM  
Blogger Lelainia N. Lloyd said...

I am not a huge fan of Xmas stuff, but I do love your believe quilt-it's pretty!
:)

10:33 AM  
Blogger Lori S-C said...

Love the collages! Yikes. always issues with the P.O.

3:34 PM  
Blogger MB Shaw said...

Wow, I haven't read for awhile as I think I have been under and art rock somewhere!

These are faboo. Seriously, I like them so much and you are going to sell them lickety split.

And the shipping stuff, ugh, I didn't realize it had been such an ongoing deal for you, what a pain in the butt. I suppose I have been overpaying, who knows? I swear I just don't pay that much attention which is b-a-d!!! I will take a closer look next time, that's for sure.

10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home