Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Finally Finished!

The incredibly talented and equally generous Mary Stanley taught me how to rug hook. This is my first attempt. I started it... about a year ago now? Geez. At least I finished it, though. I turned it into a little pillow, and now it belongs to my friend Edina. If you want to see some "real" hooking that will just knock your socks off with it's creativity and originality, do take a gander at Mary's blog.

This is the week before we leave for San Francisco, so I've given myself the week "off," so to speak. I'm keeping up with my computer work, but most of the week I've devoted to just getting ready. Of course, I need to do the usual things like clean, pack, laundry, errands, etc. But I also need to do loooonnngg-overdo self maintenance. Yesterday I did my highlights and today I will do the cut. Tomorrow is fingernails and toenails. Thursday is brow waxing. (I used to be a hair stylist, by the way... So don't worry, I'm a professional! It just takes me 5 times as long when working on myself.)

I did change the header on my website yesterday. I'm trying to get a more uniform feel amongst my site, my blog, etsy, and my business cards. There's always something to be done, isn't there...???

3 Comments:

Blogger Lelainia N. Lloyd said...

THat pillow is adorable! I still need to finish my hooking. I will probably work on it over xmas. I need a better hoop. Way to go!

7:24 AM  
Blogger Mary lin Huskamp said...

Shari,

I first saw your pillow on Edina's blog - How Cute!!! I love it! It looks like it was sooo much fun! Reminds me of Maynard.

Love ya

Marylin

4:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your bird pillow! great job rug-hooking

6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home