Friday, October 13, 2006

Friday the 13th

I'm so happy it's Friday the 13th! Lately, 13 has been my lucky number. (You may recall that I was accepted into the juried competition with the theme of "Lucky 13" AND my room at Artfest is #13.) So, I'm excited for the day to unfold...

I received two books from Amazon last night. I've only just had a chance to flip through their pages, but they seem really awesome! The first is "Where Women Create". It's a sumptuous look at the private studios of some of the most creative women. The way in which each has displayed her materials is truly inspirational. Even if you don't make art, you will appreciate the utter celebration of the beauty in "odds and ends". And of course, the illustrious Wendy Addison opens her "Theatre of Dreams" studio to us, which is one of the primary reasons I bought the book.



The second book I ordered was Sally Jean Alexander's new book entitled, "Pretty Little Things". It seems to be filled with a wide assortment of projects, most of them soldering-based in nature. (No surprise there, if you are familiar with Sally Jean's wonderful artwork.) I am on the verge of jumping into this world myself, and I think her writing will serve as a great tutorial to help me learn on my own. There are also photos of her studio as well. The photography is a feast, and it's all flavored with her signature turquoise.



I'm certainly a self-proclaimed "Book Addict", so I'm just thrilled to add these two to my collection. I'm hoping to take them with me on our trip at the end of the month. I always enjoy savoring the contents when I have no demands whatsoever on my time!

Have a terrific, happy, lucky day everyone! And a wonderful weekend, too!!

4 Comments:

Blogger MB Shaw said...

I am a book addict too. Beyond help I think. I try to cut back, limit myself to the library, etc, but it never works. My mom was amazed (or was that appalled?)at my extensive collection.....she just stared at all the books and said "Do you really use all these?" And yeah, I sort of do. I mean when I get time to read all of them, lol. I will have to check out these as I am not familiar with them.

7:31 AM  
Blogger deb said...

Shari,

Happy Friday the 13th!

I ordered Sally Jean's book last weekend and anxiously await its arrival. I too am planning on delving into the world of solder. Can't wait to flip through the pages. Maybe we could do some sort of swap once we both figure it out.

Have a wonderful weekend.

9:14 AM  
Blogger Jonna said...

I have the book "Where Women Create" and love it. I am also a book addict...they seem to be taking over my house.

9:35 AM  
Blogger Terri Stegmiller said...

Yes, I too am a bookaholic/magaholic. Do you think we should start a support group? I wanted to tell you that your earlier post about the 12 days of Xmas swap....I mentioned it to one of my online craft groups and we've organized a similar swap. Thanks for the inspiration.

7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home