Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Check Out This Artist!

So... I went to this mini art fair in Pasadena on Sunday. While there, I stumbled upon this truly amazing artist. Her name is Jaime Zollars and her website is here. I find her work to be a delight - the composition and colors will immediately catch your eye. But then as you look further, you're drawn into the details of her slightly scary world. If you click on the "news" button, you'll see even more of her work. And if you click on "fun", you'll find an incredible step-by-step look at her process. I say "incredible" because I would never in a million years have guessed that she uses so much collage in her creations. It was a pleasure to find her.

Here it is Wednesday, and I'm still writing about the weekend! I dabbled a little with my paints yesterday, but didn't accomplish much. I worked on the computer a fair amount and actually... I'll admit it... watched a movie! Then Steve came home and we watched another movie last night after I made dinner. I guess yesterday was a "couch potato" day.

The second movie, "Take the Lead", had a great line in it. I'm paraphrasing, but it went something like this: "Not everyone gets what they want in life. But those who do are those who step up and go after it." Isn't that just so true?!?

4 Comments:

Blogger MB Shaw said...

I love her artwork; how refreshing. It is whimsical yet deep at the same time. I also enjoyed watching her process. I do the same thing on my small paper pieces, where I draw a background then collage parts into each area. Mine are abstract and quite different from hers but I enjoy the technique so much. Like you, I never would have guessed she uses so much collage in her work. Thanks for sharing the link.

6:35 AM  
Blogger Terri Stegmiller said...

Thanks for the link...I'm going to check out her art when I have more time. I enjoyed that movie...but don't recall that line in it...it's a great phrase though!

7:11 AM  
Blogger deb said...

Shari,
Thanks so much for sharing. Jaime's art is wonderful. Whimsical yet scary. Very cool.

11:50 AM  
Blogger Sweet Petunia said...

Hi there! We missed you at Art & Soul...but looks like you have been busy.

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home